Where will you visit:
You’ll start at the Karnak Temples, the largest complex ever built by man, built over many generations and 1300 years. The Tomb of Tutankhamen in the Valley of Kings is a special place to visit because even though it’s so old, it was discovered largely intact.
The next stop is the Abu Simbel temples. Between 1964 and 1968, the site of the temples was relocated to avoid flooding by the creation of Lake Nasser. This is considered one of the greatest challenges of archaeological engineering in history.
Some questions you could ask about Egypt:
- Why is the Tomb of Tutenkahmen so special? (was found largely undamaged)
- Inner Chamber – how many times a year is it illuminated by the rising sun? (only twice a year)
- How old is the Great Sphinx? (more than 4500 years old)
Some questions you could ask about Health and Wellbeing:
- Give some examples of nutritious snacks.
- Why are sugary drinks not good to have very often.
- How does food effect how well your brain functions?
Some of this information has been republished with the permission of the NZ Health Promotion Agency for use in the NZ Healthiest Schools Challenge 2018